The most common types of penis problems include
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
Issues with the foreskin ( Retraction of foreskin)
Erectile dysfunction ( Doesnt always mean Impotency)
Ejaculation problems ( Lack of confidence and too much porn)
Penis Infections – ( Balanitis, Posthitis, and Balanoposthitis )
Today, we are covering Penis Infections and the three different kind of Infections.
Balanitis is a common infection, which results in the swelling of the head the penis. It can happen to both circumcised and uncircumcised men. But is often a common issue for circumcised individuals. It is an inflammation of the balanus or glans and is not necessarily the result of an infection. It must not be taken lightly and one must consult a Doctor.
The Causes of Balanitis
There are multiple reasons that can lead to Balanitis, they include
– An irritant (like harsh soaps or chlorine from a swimming pool)
– Physical trauma to the penis
– An infection (caused by bacteria, fungus, yeast or a virus)
– Diseases like reactive arthritis and lichen sclerosis et atrophicus
– Bad hygiene
– Improper cleaning of the penis (example, residual soap left inside the foreskin)
The Symptoms of Balanitis
The signs and symptoms of Balanitis comprise of
– Inflammation of the head of the penis
– Redness of the inflamed area of the penis
– Pain in the penis
– Rashes on the penis head
– Foul smelling discharge
Treatment for Balanitis
In the event of the above mentioned symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor.
– In the case of pediatric patients or those with a mild case of Balanitis, a small amount of anti-fungals can be used. It may be applied twice a day to the inflamed area by gently retracting the foreskin. (Follow this procedure only if the child is above 3 years of age.)
– Cleaning the penis by pulling back the foreskin and soaking it in warm water everyday should help.
-Antibiotic creams and pills will be prescribed by your doctor in case of bacterial infection.
– In case of skin diseases and Balanitis, steroid creams will help with the situation.
The main purpose of the foreskin is to protect the penis from infections. So in young individuals Balanitis can be avoided by leaving the foreskin as it is. Also avoid retracting the foreskin at a very young age to wash the penis.
In sexually active males, it is important to for them to wash their penises regularly. Avoid using harsh soaps because it can cause irritations. Plain water is good. But if you do use soap make sure you rinse well to get rid of any residual soap.
Posthitis is also a kind of inflammation experienced on the foreskin of the penis. It can happen to male individuals of all ages. However, it is very common among boys under the age of 10 with foreskin that does not retract fully. If the problem persists, or if its painful you must consult the doctor.
The Causes of Posthitis
Posthit is the swelling of the penis that may be caused by:
– Bacterial and fungal infections
– Physical trauma
– The rubbing of clothes against the foreskin of the penis
– Lack of proper hygiene
– Faulty immunity
– The fact that the foreskin cannot be retracted completely to clean the penis (in the case of young boys)
– As a result of having intercourse with a woman with a yeast infection
The Symptoms of Posthitis
The signs and symptoms associated with Posthitis include:
– Severe or mild pain in the penis
– Erectile dysfunction
– Discomfort while urinating
– Severe bacterial and viral infections can cause the patient to feel nauseated and even fatigued
Treatment for Posthitis
Posthitis can be treated at home. But if you experience severe pain or persistent symptoms, it’s best if saw a doctor.
– Wear loose clothing to avoid excessive rubbing against the foreskin
– Take extra care while washing the penis
– A doctor will provide you with oral antibiotics to help with the infection
– In case of fungal infections, antifungal creams can be applied topically to the affected area. It should help decrease the pain and relieve the swelling.
To prevent Posthitis all together, you can try wearing loose fitting clothes. Avoid having sex with persons with infections or diseases. Schedule an appointment with a urologist or dermatologist every month and always maintain good hygiene.
Balanoposthitis usually occurs when Balanitis and Posthitis occur together. That is the inflammation of both the glans and the foreskin. It can happen at all ages and is really uncomfortable. Thereis no way you can waste any time, you must consult the doctor asap
The Causes of Balanoposthitisis
What causes Balanoposthitisis:
– Bad hygiene
– Intercourse with an individual who has a yeast infection
– Wearing of tight clothes
– Infections in or on the penis caused by fungus, bacteria or viruses
The Symptoms of Balanoposthitisis
The symptoms and signs of Balanoposthitis comprise of
– Redness of the foreskin and the head of the penis (glans)
– Pain (severe or mild)
– Discomfort while urinating
– Bad smelling discharge
– Rashes on the foreskin and head of the penis
– White/Red little bumps on the foreskin and head of the penis
– Itching and burning sensation
Treatment for Balanoposthitisis
Depending on the cause of the Balanoposthitis, the doctor may either prescribe you antibiotics or antifungal creams. In the event of an infection, the infected areas will be cleaned by the doctor. You will then have to clean those areas in the same way every day and apply the given topical medications when prescribed.
To prevent Balanoposthitis from recurring you can make sure to clean your penis regularly and in a gentle manner. Use a condom when having sex also avoid having sex with a partner who has an infection or disease.
Maintaining the health of your penis can help you stay healthy both physically and mentally. And, it is one of the best ways to minimize the chances of getting penis infections.